For this episode, we will be interviewing Camille Finan. Camille will be discussing how she went from an MBA to a builder-carpenter and businesswoman.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:55) – What compelled Camille to get started?
- She was a business in marketing consultant, got burnt out and had a knack for remodeling
- Her sister told her to become a carpenter and so she eventually opened her own kitchen remodeling business
- She worked almost her entire career without having met another woman- apart from Instagram
(5:00) – What Camille wishes she knew before, that she knows now
- “I wish I knew how good I was going to be.”
- It wasn’t a common thing for girls when she started out and no one encouraged her by saying “eventually you will be so good at this”
(6:00) – Go to mikeolivas.com to say goodbye to the 9-5 grind!
(6:25) – Why do entrepreneurs quit?
- It’s mentally stressful and there isn’t a lot of support
- Even her family doesn’t seem interested in what she’s doing
(8:35) – What were some hurdles for you?
- When Camille first got sued, she felt cut to heart because she believed she did a great job
- They essentially didn’t want to pay for the job because the client didn’t have the money
- A friend who is also a contractor said: “This is the first time you’ve been sued?” Which opened her eyes to the fact that it can come with the job.
- She learned that the business is not who she is as a person.
(12:15) Serious about taking the next step? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(12:50) – What is Camille excited about now?
- She loves how much she can now do online so that she can serve more people
- She has a carpentry school for woman and is excited to hopefully transfer that online for women everywhere
- Excited about the prospect of public speaking
(15:45) Parting advice for listeners
- Men are better at construction is a MYTH
- The smaller you are, the easier it is to do many things- you don’t have to be big and strong to be apart of this
Learn more about carpentry and Camille:
- For a free course!
- Honeydew academy
- Drill like a girl- online course