Corey was raised by a single mother, grew up in a small town, barely graduated high school (a teacher gave him a 49+1) and battled anxiety and hypochondria in his early 20’s. Since those days, he has become a multiple-time TEDx host, been on 3 top rated interview shows, the founder of The Speaking Program, and he has been featured in multiple television specials.
He’s a columnist with Entrepreneur and Forbes magazine, he has also interviewed over 5,000 of the world’s top leaders while building a multiple-six figure business in a very niche market and newly launched bLU Talks LIVE.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
Corey is the founder of The Speaking Program. He may be recognizable from his appearance in some of the top-rated interview shows or from one of the multiple television specials he said as in. He is a multiple TedX host and a columnist in Entrepreneur Forbes Magazine which has allowed him to interview over 5,000 of the world’s top leaders.
(1:00) – Corey tells us something interesting
- Did stand up comedy for about six years
- Currently in Prince Edward Island, Canada
(1:53) – Corey explains his speaking career
- Companies bring him in to teach on leadership and customer service- he has interviewed over 5,000 influencers and talks about what he has discovered from these high achievers, which sets him apart from other speakers
- About 5 years ago he launched a business called, The Speaking Program to help others learn how to speak as well
(4:15) – Corey shares about rock-bottom
- In the beginning, they had a “feast or famine” season
- Made a few commitments in the beginning that ended up holding him back from other opportunities
(5:30) – Why Corey believes that entrepreneurs give up
- The struggle financially and mentally
(6:55) – Corey tells us what he is excited about right now
- He likes the fact that speakers who do it for the wrong reasons are slowly weeding out
(13:00) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(16:43) – What Corey believes is the “hot spot” for speaking right now
- High School’s are a level playing field, not much fluctuation
- Corporate has a lot of money but it’s very up and down- the best way to really make it in the corporate speaking realm is to coach
- “The Association Market” (members of a certain industry, where people pay to be apart of the association) is required to have meetings at least once a year so it can be very lucrative and offers repeat clients of vast niches
(20:00) – How Corey has built the life he wants to live
- He has always had a “hustle” which gives him the flexibility to live the life he wants
- Like traveling, writing books, spending time where he wants
(15:00) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(24:45) – Corey Poirier’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Take the time to find your “why” (your passion)
Learn more about Corey: