Rob is the VP of Content and Partnerships at Libsyn.com and LibsynPro.com. He is a well-known evangelist of the podcasting industry and an 2017 INDUCTEE in the Academy of Podcasters Hall of Fame. Rob’s long and storied history on nationally syndicated terrestrial broadcast radio starting in 1999, then webcast and podcast. WebTalk World Radio Show was heard on XM satellite radio and is recognized as the first broadcast radio program in the world to begin podcasting on Sept 15th, 2004.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:55)– Rob tells us about his history in podcasting and how he’s made it to where he is now
- In 1999 he was doing search engine consulting, helping companies grow online
- He walked into a radio station and started doing a radio show about the growth and development of the online world
- Took his radio show online and wad even doing content marketing in the early days
- He was working full time when he started his radio station
- “Work full time on your job and part time on your dream.”
(10:00) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(10:32) – Rob tells us what he wishes he knew when he first started
- More confidence in what he was doing
- How to use a microphone, how to present and talk in front of people
(14:30)- Rob shares about some hurdles and how he overcame them
- He struggled with prioritization and he had to learn to juggle work and private life
- Priority & focus are important
(18:39) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!:
(19:18) – Why Rob believes that entrepreneurs give up
- It isn’t the right time.
- Success often aligns with timing and needs patience
- It might be too early or too late for some ideas- sometimes you have to just get lucky
(22:42) – Rob tells us what he is doing right now
- Working with Libsin – the first podcast hosting platform that started in 2004 and hosts the world’s largest podcast (over 66,000 shows)
(26:00) Rob Greenlee’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Have clear goals and stay focused
- Network with others and show the world what you can do
- Be willing to help others and always be available
Learn more about Rob:
Click here to Share on Twitter!