Tom is a Motivational Speaker and Executive Coach. Tom speaks all across the globe to billion dollar companies, business owners and academic institutions, including Cambridge and Harvard. He is the CEO of Ziglar Inc. and continues to carry on the Ziglar philosophy which is, “you can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough people get what they want.”
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(1:55)– Tom tells us something interesting about himself
- He is currently in Dallas Texas
- Zig Ziglar was his father
(2:35) – Tom explains his company, Ziglar Inc.
- They’ve been in business for over 5 decades
- New mission is “To encourage, transform, equip and support you, so that you can change the world through legacy building, coaching, speaking and training.”
- They have over 5 million fans on Facebook- people are looking for transformation
- He believes that “everyone has every ingredient for success inside of you, they just need to be recognized, claimed, devolved and used.”
(4:14)- Tom shares why he believes people seek transformation
- A lot of people have been given bad direction and a lot of times you might end up feeling like there has to be a better way to do life
(6:04) – Tom talks about overcoming objection
- He’s been the CEO for 25 years but was behind the scenes until 10 years ago
- He had thought people wanted him to be his dad when he was speaking, changed his mindset and dove in
(8:04) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(9:48) – “One thing all great leaders have in common- they are aware of their weak spots.”
(12:03) – Why Tom believes that entrepreneurs give up
- They fall into the trap of “becoming your own boss and having a ton of freedom” and they give up when they aren’t able to achieve it or if they feel they wouldn’t be cable of accomplishing it
(14:53) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(17:39) – What Tom is excited about right now
- Their coaching program (Choose To Win Coaching Program), where they work with people one on one to try and help change people lives
(19:45) – Tom shares how he built the life he wants to live
- He loves writing, speaking etc. but struggles with the emails and day to day work- so he’s started delegating his tasks to people who can do those tasks better than he can and he sticks to his main passions
(21:10) Tom Ziglar’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- “You choose your input.”
- Get selective on who you spend time with, what you read, watch, listen to- is it taking you closer to your dreams and aspirations?
- What you do becomes what you think about, which becomes who you are and turns into your actions everyday
- Picture who you want to become and identify what it is they did to get there and try to focus on those things
Learn more about Tom: