In today’s episode we have Kylie Chenn, CEO and Founder of Acanela Expeditions, an award winning adventure travel company, leading experiential expeditions all across the Globe.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:35)– Kylie tells us something interesting
- Always has a jar of peanut butter handy
- Has travelled to 112 different countries
(1:35) – Kylie explains her business Acanela Expeditions
- She founded her travel company about 4 years ago
- They now travel to over 100 countries
- Her business plans 1-2 week trips and give travelers the opportunity to get immersed in the culture
(3:00)- Kylie shares how she got started
- She was a student and got to study abroad and met people from all over the world
- Kylie spent some time backpacking
- When she came home a lot of people were asking her questions about her travels and realized that she could turn this into a business
(4:32) – Kylie tells us what types of trips her business offers
- They offer a lot of variety, though their bread and butter lies primarily within the expedition traveling experience
- Connecting with local people- like culinary experiences, taking a trip to see orangutans etc.
- You can travel to over 100 countries within every continent
(6:45) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(7:55) – Kylie shares about rock bottom and how she overcame it
- Acanela means cinnamon in Spanish
- When she first launched, she wasn’t trying to offer a travel company, but it was actually a spice company
- She sold spices for about a year from different countries but it eventually failed and then lead to her now business
(11:20) – Why Kylie believes that entrepreneurs give up
- You have to be willing to fail, and after that willing to learn fast and pivot
- When people judge and criticize your idea, it can be easy to give up: “you have to have grit.”
(13:56) – Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(16:35) – Kylie explains how she has built the life she wants to live
- She is in an industry that she loves
- Setting boundaries is essential- if she wants to take free time to do one of her hobbies she can, and it’s important to do
(19:25) Kylie Chenn’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Don’t be afraid to fail, but embrace that circumstance and pivot
- “Failure is only an opportunity to learn.”
Learn more about Kylie:
Click here to Share on Twitter!