John is an entrepreneur, author, life-coach and motivational speaker. John is the founder of Bulldog Mindset where he focuses on teaching men to go from the victim mindset to the Bulldog Mindset. He is also the author of the best-selling book “Soft Skills: The Software Developer’s Life Manual,” and WSJ best-selling book “The Complete Software Developer’s Career Guide.”
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:33) – John tells us something interesting about himself
- He is in San Diego California
- He eats one meal a day and runs marathons and is currently training for a 100-mile race
(2:03) – John explains his company Bulldog Mindset
- “I teach men how to be men.”
- The Bulldog Mindset is the opposite of the victim mindset, where they blame everything in their life on something else rather than taking the credit themselves.
- He teaches them how to take care of relationships, mindsets, finances and their bodies
(3:22)- John shares how he coaches people through the process
- He has videos where every day of the week the video focuses on one of those core aspects
- If it is one on one coaching, then he spends more time focusing on the individual and their personal weaknesses
(4:28) – Why John decided to focus mainly on men
- He used to get a lot of questions from men, mostly about relationships, so he decided to get some content out there and eventually created Bulldog Mindset to help men
- John’s goal is to teach men to be men, he wanted to have a specific niche so that he could really focus on one main thing
(7:06) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(10:09) – Who are the men that John specifically targets with the Bulldog Mindset
- Everyone. Any man can benefit from this program
- A lot of guys that are struggling with women and relationships may find this helpful in that specific area
(11:15) – John tells us how we can change our mindset
- A lot of the reason why people get upset is because of unmet expectations which lead to anger.
- The key to getting rid of anger and those emotions is to get rid of expectations and replacing them with acceptance
- The book, The Power of Now says (in a sense) that “If you have a problem in your life, you have three options, you can change it, walk away from it or accept it. Complaining about it is not an option.”
(15:40) – John shares about rock-bottom and how he overcame it
- He had invested $350,000 in a company and then found out that the guy in charge of the company had been put in jail for fraud
- At that moment he decided that he didn’t want to let that affect him- he accepted it and dealt with it but did not let it ruin his day
(20:07) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(22:40) -John tells us what he is excited about right now
- His monthly membership has really taken off and he is excited to see where it goes
- He likes to see how in one year someone can go from being unhealthy, unhappy and uninformed to someone who is healthy, happy and thriving
(23:00) Parting advice for listeners
- Don’t chase goals, what matters most is that you become the person you want to become
- He retired at 33, he had been investing in real estate since he was 19 and after he retired he found that he was depressed
- Having goals is great for your business, but it should not be the thing that brings you happiness
- If you think that when you have a million dollars you’ll be happier, you’re wrong.
Learn more about John: