In today’s episode we have Dan Miller, author of the NYT bestselling book “48 days to the work you love” – now in it’s 20th Anniversary Edition. Dan inspires his readers and listeners to discover and initiate their own greatness.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:46)– Dan tells us something interesting about himself
- Lives outside of Nashville Tennessee
- Works out of the barn on his property
(1:55) – Dan explains 48 Days LLC
- They help people discover how they can have a career doing something they enjoy
(2:45)- Dan shares how you can discover the why
- Find what you would do even if you didn’t make a living doing it
(4:25) – Dan tells us how his business has evolved
- The business started as a Sunday school class and eventually turned into a weekly seminar and one on one coaching
- He then started on radio and podcasts
- Podcasts lead to worldwide awareness and lead to coaching and conference speaking all over
(8:28) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(9:30) – Dan talks about rock bottom
- Before he started his current business he owned a fitness center and eventually sold this business to find himself $450,000 in debt
- Through the process of getting out of debt (12 years later), he discovered his now career
- He discovered that there is no way he can do anything alone- find someone who specializes is something that you don’t to help where needed
(16:03) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(17:35) – Why Dan believes that entrepreneurs give up
- Because some people are meant to be apart of a team, not everyone is built to have their own business and that’s not a bad thing
(20:22) – What Dan is excited about right now
- At the end of each year, he cuts 15% of what he’s doing so that he can stay focused and can make room for something new
- He has created an online membership community that he is excited about
(23:18) – How Dan built a life he wants to live
- Found a space he can host family and spend time with loved ones
- He is sure to make time for his wife and time away from his business because he has systems in place that allow him to step away
(25:38) Parting advice for listeners
- “It’s never too late to have a new beginning.”
Learn more about Dan: