In this episode, we interview Brandon Adams, an Emmy Award-Winning Producer and the host of the TV Series Success in Your City. Brandon shares how a book changed his life and why you should not quit until you get what you want.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:33)– Brandon tells us about himself
- From a small town in Iowa where his dad sold packaged ice for a living, he himself eventually got into sales too
- Got kicked out of college for fighting
- Then he read the book, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and it changed his life and encouraged him to do something
(2:30) – Brandon explains his business
- Got into videography because of crowdfunding
- Learned video production and has now produced 3 different tv-shows
- In 2017 he started the company Accelerant Media Group then sold it in 2018 to travel the country and film a documentary Success in Your City with his wife
- He helps people create video content for businesses
- Just released their book “The Road To Success”
(6:25) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(6:55)- Brandon shares what he is excited about right now
- Excited to see where technology goes because it is giving everyone, especially entrepreneurs, the opportunity to succeed
- Excited to see how video evolves and grows more- content is everything
(9:40) – Brandon tells us about rock bottom and how it affected him
- Almost had to file for bankruptcy at one point
- He learned that he can solve problems in the worst of situations and was forced to figure it out
- “Your temporary set back can lead to your future success”
(11:50) Trying to quit your 9-5? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(12:28) – Why Brandon believes entrepreneurs fail
- Surrounded by the wrong people
- You have to be around people who will support you and push you forward but not tell you to quit
(13:05) Brandon’s advice for entrepreneurs- take out a loan or bootstrap it?
- He is not for big loans and believes it is better to take a long time to build it organically with your own hard work
- Fewer strings attached in the long run
- “Have someone buy it before you make it and make sure there is a demand for something before you go all in.”
(16:34) Parting advice for listeners
- Success is what you make it.
- Don’t let society change your view of success
- Once you figure out what success is to you, make a plan to eventually achieve that goal
- Go read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Learn more about Brandon:
- brandontadams on all social media
- The Road To Success book
Click here to Share on Twitter!