In this podcast, Cherie Rickard tells us about how the greatest tragedies and worst pains in your life can become your greatest power. Cherie is the host of Real Girl Talk and is known for creating real, empowering and hilarious moments during her interviews. She is also an RN, a business leader, author, speaker, corporate business coach and certified grief expert. She helps women to find their worth and value through her many areas of expertise.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(1:00)– Cheri tells us something interesting
- She wrote her second book in 30 days
- 2-3 hours of writing every night for 4 straight weeks
(2:00) – Cheri shares about her business Empowerment is Beauty LLC
- She is also the co-host of podcast Real Girltalk
- She created a Create Your Life Vision Board Workshop- allows people to regroup and reinvent themselves in life, leadership, community, and business
(3:00)- Cheri explains the beginning of her business
- Her first book came out in 2014
- After that people came in droves to seek her out with invites to do more stuff
(3:58) – Cheri tells us about rock bottom and how it affected her life
- Her divorce was rock bottom- she got remarried and it is wonderful
- In 2007, Cheri was on a trip, in a hotel room alone and she got a phone call at 2 am when she found out one of her sons had passed away
- “In your greatest pains, come your greatest powers.”
- She started writing and wrote in a journal for 7 years, which lead to where she is now
(7:58) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(8:55) – How Cheri’s rock bottom evolved into her eventual triumph
- What are you thinking about all the time? What are you most passionate about? Write it down.
- What do people always ask you about?
- Eliminate what you know you don’t like
- “Comparison is the root of all evil.”
(13:15) – Why Cheri believes entrepreneurs give up
- They don’t follow the ACE method
- A- authenticity
- C- consistency
- E- excellence
- “People don’t want to be sold to, they want to be served to: you have to give away as much free content as you do paid content.”
(19:53) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(21:00) – Cheri tells us what she is most excited about right now
- Really excited about and focused on her podcast
- Excited about her upcoming workshop
- Also excited about her next book coming out, it is a workbook journal
- Her online courses where she tells people how to write her book
(23:00) Parting advice for listeners
- You have to create a light at the end of the tunnel and see it over and over again
- Then enjoy where you are right now
- Invest in yourself
- Hire someone you look up to as a coach, seek help when you need it
Learn more about Cheri:
- Real Girl Talk podcast on social media
- Wake Up Call, A Mother’s Grief Journey
- Healing Your Wounded Spirit
- Strong Women, How To Live An Empowered Life Through Adversity
Click here to Share on Twitter!