In this podcast, listen to Kirk Hawkins as he shares how he blends his journalism experience and real estate to accomplish a more fulfilling and rewarding life. Kirk is proof that your experiences can build businesses- not just your resume. His main focus is real estate; he has a real estate podcast to help listeners understand the home buying process even more and also still works with a local TV station in LA.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(00:36)– Kirk tells us something about himself
- Started as a television journalist in college
- One day decided to get his real estate license
- Now has a real estate podcast
(4:16) – Kirk explains how he got started
- In college, he had an on-camera job
- As part of the news business, you have to move around to different cities in order to work your way up the ladder
- Through that process, he had the opportunity to cover some amazing news stories
- Eventually, he decided to try something new- which is why he went into real estate
(7:45) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(10:00) – Kirk shares what his main focus is right now
- He does currently work as a Weather Anchor/Fill-In Anchor/Reporter at KTLA 5 News in Los Angeles but his main focus right now is Real Estate
- He would like to blend the two- interested in helping people go from renting to owning a property
(14:45) – Kirk tells us what he is most excited about right now
- He is more content in life now than he has ever been
- Kirk is excited to continue with what he is doing now
(20:00) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(20:00) – The authors who inspired Kirk:
- Darren Hardy, The Compound effect
- Make a goal and breakdown small steps and what you can every day to accomplish that goal
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- It’s never too late. No matter how old you are, you can make the jump
(24:52) Parting advice for listeners
- Just do it, have no regrets
- Take the risk
Learn more about Kirk:
- Kirk Hawkins on social media