In this podcast, listen to Mike Goncalves as he shares and talks about his mission to make a global impact on the way small businesses and start-ups operate, grow, and succeed. Mike is the founder of The Wellness Bucket, a business that helps entrepreneurs create simple daily health habits so that they can continue to do more of what makes them awesome. He’s a health coach, speaker, marathoner, men’s physique competitor, and just recently ran his first ultra marathon: a 50 miler.
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding or seasoned entrepreneurs, female business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.
(1:00)– Mike shares something interesting about himself
- He is a motivational speaker and coach for small business start-ups but he started out as a personal trainer
(1:25) – Mike tells us about his company
- He helps small businesses and startups create a culture of excellence
- You have to make sure that the employee is taken care of that way the employees can take care of the clients
- He provides workshops as well as coaching for these businesses
(2:35)- Mike shares about rock bottom
- In 2008 he was still figuring everything out & then the economy dropped in 2010 and he lost about $30,000
- He believes this was because you need to make a difference first and money second- which has helped his business succeed
(4:00) Mike explains why he believes entrepreneurs give up
- They are impatient- we want success overnight but it takes time
- Comparison- forget about everyone else and do your thing
- Learn from your mentors, not your peers
(6:03) – Go to mikeolivas.com to set up a free coaching call to set up goals for your future today!
(6:30) – What Mike is excited about in his business
- He’s excited to lay the foundation for the small companies now who could eventually grow to be the next Fortune 500 companies
- He wants to create a culture of taking care of people and peoples passions
“Companies that thrive really care about their employees and clients”
(9:00) – Mike shares some core principles that can help a company succeed
- Everyone in any company is some sort of leader, everyone matters
- Create a champion’s mindset
- Successful goal setting
- Establishing winning habits
(11:35) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(12:10) – Mike tells us what his endgame is
- Doing more of the same – This is his passion and his ‘why’.
- He wants to eventually have a big conference to help make an even bigger impact on people’s lives
(14:28) Parting advice for listeners
- Be patient and go after it, know your gifts and use them
- It’s all about the journey
- Success isn’t something we pursue, it is something we attract by who we become (through the journey)
Learn more about Mike:
- Linked in Mike Goncalves