David is a leading coach, author, speaker, and tough conversations ninja. David left his cushy Park Ave job 20 years ago to build the world’s largest coaching business.
Alongside his clients’ successes, David is no stranger to overcoming challenges himself, having survived a full collapse of his paraglider and a fractured spine, witnessing the death of his sister at age seven, anxiety and depression, and a national Gong Show!
David believes that the tough conversations we avoid are our doorways to confidence, success, and love. They become the defining moments which shape our careers, our relationships, and our lives. He coaches high performing entrepreneurs, executives and teams – and now prison inmates – to create amazing results and deep connection. One tough conversation at a time.
(0:42) David tells us something interesting about himself.
- He used to be a church organist.
- He has flown solo in a paraglider over the Himalayas.
- He’s from Australia but now lives in Boulder, Colorado.
(1:39) David talks about his business.
- He’s a high performance coach.
- He works a lot on focus and tough conversations.
(6:05) David tells us why people have a hard time having tough conversations.
- Fear of loss.
- Fear of discomfort.
- If you have them incorrectly, you can make things worse.
(8:50) David tells us why he thinks some entrepreneurs fail or give up.
- It’s hard being an entrepreneur.
- It’s a lot for one person to handle.
(13:53) Go to MikeOlivas.com/Coaching to schedule a business strategy session for free!
(15:03) David talks about the times he pivoted and what did it take to get to the point he is now.
- He was a consultant.
- He pivoted temporarily to being an entertainer.
- He then went into coaching and spent 20 years serving coaches.
- He decided to focus on high performers.
(24:58) David tells us how he has managed to live the life he wants to live.
- He has amazing friends.
- He created a business for himself.
Find David Wood on:
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.