Michael is the Founder of Box of Crayons. He is the author of the best-selling book “The Coaching Habit”. He was a Rhodes Scholar and in 2019 was named the #1 thought leader in coaching.
Before founding Box of Crayons, Michael held senior positions in the corporate, consultancy, and agency worlds. He has lived and worked in Australia, the UK, the US and Canada.
(0:48) Michael tells us something interesting about himself.
- He’s from Australia but lives in Canada.
- His most successful book is called “The Coaching Habit” and has sold more than 750,000 copies.
(2:14) Michael talks about his businesses.
- He’s the founder of Box of Crayons, which is a learning and development company.
- mbs.works is his personal company, which is more about him writing books and giving speeches.
(6:50) Michael talks about transitioning from CEO of Box of Crayons to mbs.works.
- He thought he was not that great as a CEO.
- He felt he was missing out on the stuff he was best at.
(12:43) Go to MikeOlivas.com/Coaching to schedule a business strategy session for free!
(16:16) Michael tells us what he is excited about within his business.
- He’s excited about not knowing what’s going on.
- He’s starting a podcast.
(21:29) Michael talks about some entrepreneurs failing or giving up.
- It’s tiring being an entrepreneur.
(26:17) Michael’s parting advice for entrepreneurs.
- You’re probably not staying curious enough for long enough.
Find Michael on:
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.