Today we’ll be interviewing Mia Duchnowski (Dutch-now-ski), the CEO and Co-Founder of Oars + Alps, a skincare brand for people who lead an active, on the go lifestyle. The company was recently acquired by SC Johnson. Mia is based in Chicago and is also a mom to 4 kids.
(00:42) – Mia tells us something interesting
- She has a great duck impersonation
- Currently in Chicago
(2:17) – Mia explains her company, Oars + Alps
- They are a premium on the to skincare for men who lead active lifestyles
- They believe in full disclosure and transparency in what comes in their products
- Their products including body care, skincare a deodorant
(11:32) – Mia shares about rock bottom
- They had a few products to put into the market when they were about to launch, and they realized one of their products wasn’t great
- She decided to be honest with their investors about where they were at and they decided to delay their launch- which was hard but a great choice in the long run
(13:29) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(14:55) – Mia’s opinion on finances needed to start a business
- Raise as little as possible to make it to the next milestone, and continue to raise money towards each milestone
- Bootstrap as long as possible and then raise money- but be careful what friends and family you take money from
(19:00) – What Mia is excited about
- Their launch this summer to help reduce skin cancer
(20:38) – Mia Duchnowski’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Ask people who they can connect you with- no matter the situation
- You don’t need to be passionate with what you do- you can be interested but you don’t have to be head over heels passionate about it
Learn more about Mia:
- @mia.siani on Instagram and LinkedIn
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.