Joe is a keynote and TEDx speaker, business consultant, and podcaster. Joe has the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. With interviews with Pat Flynn, John Lee Dumas, and Lewis Howes, Joe is a rising star in the speaking world! He is also a writer for PsychCentral, has been featured on the Huffington Post, Forbes, GOOD Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Entrepreneur on Fire, and Yahoo News. He is the author of five books and has been named the Therapist Resource top podcast, consultant, and blogger.
(1:46) – Joe tells us something interesting
- Currently in Traverse City, Michigan
- Started doing improv in September
(2:30) – Joe explains his business, Practice of the Practice
- They help private practices- counselors, therapists, massage therapists to from start-up to scaling
- They also have a podcast launch school where they help people start podcasts
- It began as a consulting startup and turned into a podcast launch school to help people self-study through their courses
(6:20) – Joe shares about how COVID-19 has affected his business
- Since they were mainly online the pandemic hasn’t changed too much of their business
- A lot of their clients have actually experienced growth during this time
- During hardship counseling is more necessary, so a lot of them continued to grow during this time
(9:45) – Need advice during this time? Go to mikeolivas.com/coaching to schedule a call and change your life today!
(10:25) – Joe’s advice to companies who did not have a 3-month slush fund
- People make their worst decisions when they’re stressed and under pressure
- Take some time to relax- go for a drive, walk, etc. to clear your mind and relax
- Don’t begin to imagine what will happen in 5 months from now if things continue or worsen- that will only bring on more anxiety and stress
- Find something that helps to keep your business alive? Change the modality without changing the core beliefs/ values of your business
(15:56) – Joe Sanok’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Don’t be so attached to the outcome- everything does not have to be so “black and white”, such as a pass or fail, but can rather enable opportunists to experiment
Learn more about Joe:
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.