Janine Shepherd is a former elite athlete, aerobatics pilot, author, speaker and resilience coach whose TED talk has over 1.6 millions views and is a favourite on TED.com.
(00:38) – Janine tells us something interesting
- Currently in Wyoming
- She has a near death experience
- She was in a very serious accident and spent 6 months in a spinal ward
(1:41) – Janine explains how she came up with the idea for janineshepherd.com
- She has been an athlete her entire life: track and field, triathlons, marathons etc. and eventually got into cross country skiing
- In 1986 she was on a bike ride with her teammates, and 5 ½ hours into the ride she was run over by a truck and it completely changed her life
- She was told that she could never walk again (though she can no walk), so she decided to learn how to fly, became a pilot and used to teach people how to fly upside down
- Currently uses speaking as a platform to share her story and encourage others
(8:51) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(14:07) – Janine shares how she has built the life she wants to live
- She focuses on the process, not the goal
- We are fed the lie that “we are meant to be happy” but sometimes life is sad, and that’s ok. It’s meant to be about meaning and growth.
(15:58) – Janine Shepherd’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Focus on the process and what brings you alive
- Embrace the hills, it’s never as bad as you think
Learn more about Janine:
- janine_shepherd on Instagram
- Janine Shepherd on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.