Kent Yoshimura and Ryan Chen of Neuro, the health and wellness company that creates approachable and effective gum and mints that you can take anywhere, anytime to refresh your state of mind and DO MORE. Kent is a multimedia creative; Ryan is a Paralympic athlete and avid investor who became a Forbes 30 Under 30.
(2:00) – Kent and Ryan explain their product, NeuroGum
- About 10 years ago when they were in college, they had the idea to turn supplements into gum and mints so that it would be easier for anyone to consume at any time of day
- Launched 4 years ago
(1:55) – Ryan and Kent share how they met
- Kent studied Neuroscience and Ryan was studying business in economics
- They become close friends and bonded over their common interest in health and wellness
- When Ryan was 19 he was in a bad snowboarding accident and became paralyzed
(5:11) – Kent and Ryan share about what NeuroGum & Nueromints do
- They help to give you energy and focus
(9:33) – Reviews: what people experience with their gum
- A lot of positive reviews on Amazon
- An 89 year old woman chews the gum on Sunday’s for church so she can stay awake
- Diabetic customers are able to use it without worrying about what they’re taking
- Can be found in 5,000 CVS’s, Amazon, some Equinox Gyms, college campuses etc.
- Always looking to expand their reach
(12:16) – Go to mikeolivas.com to schedule a call and change your life today!
(13:30) – Kent and Ryan share about rock bottom
- Once they started distributing through CVS they received an extra large order, the shipment was delayed and it seemed like it wasn’t going to workout- but it did!
(22:00) – What Kent and Ryan are excited about right now
- Their upcoming rebranding
- A lot of marketing opportunities that they have coming up
(15:00) Do you have goals for your business? Visit mikeolivas.com to discuss your goals for FREE!
(19:00) – Why Kent and Ryan believe that entrepreneurs give up
(23:40) – Kent and Ryan’s advice to entrepreneurs:
- Perseverance- when it seems like nothing will workout, keep trying
- Be sure to surround yourself with people who are like minded
- Have a passion for what you do
- Enjoy the journey, not the outcome
Learn more about Kent and Ryan:
Subscribe to the Business and Life podcast, one of the best business podcasts for budding, young, or seasoned entrepreneurs, start-up founders, female entrepreneurs, business owners, and everyone who needs just a little bit of entrepreneurial guide and inspiration.